BENEFITS OF PET THERAPY
At ChristyCare we welcome all our four legged friends and friends with fins. We know there are so many benefits to having animals around for the young and old. Below you will find more benefits listed by Paws for People.
“It’s well-known (and scientifically proven) that interaction with a gentle, friendly pet has significant benefits.
- lowers blood pressure
- improves cardiovascular health
- releases endorphins (oxytocin) that have a calming effect
- diminishes overall physical pain
- the act of petting produces an automatic relaxation response, reducing the amount of medication some folks need
- lifts spirits and lessens depression
- decreases feelings of isolation and alienation
- encourages communcation
- provides comfort
- increases socialization
- reduces boredom
- lowers anxiety
- helps children overcome speech and emotional disorders
- creates motivation for the client to recover faster
- reduces loneliness”
Because of the benefits, ChristyCare welcomes pet therapy at out facility. See our social media and news/blogs for updates on our pet therapy visits.